Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)

This was a fairly decent read.  I had this image of a 1950's crime drama even though it took place in the present day.  I just always pictured Cormoran in a trench coat and fedora.  There were so many details about the case and so many clues that by the time you get to the end of the book when all is revealed there are many "aha" moments.  Even though I pretty much knew who the killer was I was still surprised at the end by the motive and the means in which he did it and all the other details that were mentioned. 

It's not an intellectually stimulating read but very entertaining and engrossing.  This was my first of Rowling's books that wasn't Harry Potter and I was glad that I didn't read it in Harry Potter's theme at all.  It felt completely original and detached from that series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment