Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cloudline Pinot Noir

Cloudline Pinot Noir is by far my favorite wine.  I first tasted it almost ten years ago when I was working for a restaurant as a bartender in downtown Los Angeles.   We sold it for $13.00 per glass.  One day after work the other bartender let me try it.  It was delicious!  Light and fruity.  So it became my favorite and I was on the hunt to purchase bottles for my home.  This was not easy at all!  The only store I could find it at was a Whole Foods in North Hollywood, CA for $24.00 per bottle (and the restaurant was selling it for $13.00 per glass!  Sheesh!).  But soon they stopped selling it and I couldn't find it anywhere.  Not even BevMo!  In fact, they had never even heard of it.

I was very disappointed and other than going to Willamette Valley, Oregon myself there was no way for me to get it.  But I never gave up.   Every time I went grocery shopping I would search the wine aisle for it only to come away empty handed.

Until one day a couple years ago I found it in a Vons in Simi Valley!  I literally said out loud "NO WAY!!!"  I bought three bottles that day just to have stock on hand.  Now I can buy it at my local Ralphs in Burbank so I am a happy girl.  I just hope they don't decided to stop selling it again.

I can't tell you what the bouquet is or anything about the tannins or whatever else real wine tasters can talk about.  I'm the kind of wine drinker that if it tastes good I drink it and that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment