Friday, May 1, 2015

My Quilt Studio

My boyfriend and I just moved in together, yay!  So exciting!!!

We have a beautiful house in Glendale, CA that we are renting.  It's the absolute perfect place for us.  It has a beautiful yard with a pool that is perfect for entertaining.  

Here is the view from our patio:


There is a second bedroom big enough for his workout studio (he is a personal trainer, www.corekineticstrength.com in case you are interested. Shameless plug ;) ) and there is a nook off of the living room that was perfect for my sewing area.  It has windows, accordion doors that I can close for privacy, and a closet with built in storage.  Can it be any more perfect?!

The layout it great.  I have my sewing machine at the end on a desk. My cutting table in the middle with two cutting mats held in place by those rubber pads you put under your rugs so they don't slip. And then I usually set up the ironing board just inside the door frame so that I can turn around from the cutting table and iron.  It creates the triangle aspect that they recommend for increased efficiency and productivity.  


I made some "art" using fabric and embroidery hoops.  I made my white boards by purchasing pictures frames with glass and turned the picture it came with around to show the white side and then hot glued some iron embellishment to the frame.  


I wanted to make my tools more accessible while maintaining organization so I bought this rail and the buckets from Ikea and hung it on the wall by my cutting mats.  Small rulers are in the cage, scissors and rotary cutter are in the right bucket, pens and templates in the other buckets.


Ikea is an inexpensive way to create a space that is functional and cute.  The desk, cutting table and this storage unit are all Ikea.  I bought the colored boxes from Ikea as well to help keep my various projects organized and in one place. 


And some more decorations to add to the beauty of my room.  :)  Bigger rules are in my ruler shelf.  The picture frame says "Do one thing everyday that makes you happy".  My mom bought it for me awhile ago to remind me that I deserve to be happy too.  I love my little room and look forward to everything I am going to create in this wonderful space.


No comments:

Post a Comment