Friday, January 3, 2014

Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

I'm sure we are all well aware of the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy and the craze it created.  I read the books and they were....okay.   I thought the sex was too gratuitous and fantastical to be believable and I ended up caring more about their relationship than anything and so I by-passed the sex scenes. 

Garbiel's Inferno is the first in a series by Sylvain Reynard and I have to say is WAY better that the 50 Shades books.  Slightly more believable and has more realistic events in them.  However, the issue I have with these types of books is that so many of them involve some rich guy and a lowly girl who supposedly needs "rescuing".   Where are the books about a blue collar guy and hardworking woman who fall in love?   I would fall in love with a blue collar man far sooner than I would a guy with a ton of money. 

That being said, I loved this book.  I loved their relationship.  I love that it wasn't ALL about sex (SPOILER ALERT: they don't have sex until the last chapters of the book).  As their tension builds you build with it and I loved that about this.  It can be cheesy at times but for the most part it is an endearing book. 

I recommend it over the 50 Shades trilogy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment