Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Garbiel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard

This book was the second installment of the Gabriel's Inferno trilogy by Sylvain Reynard.  I have to say I was quite disappointed in this one.

SPOILER ALERT

I had hoped this book would be more about their relationship and would dive deeper into their issues but I felt that if any issues were brought up it fizzled out too quickly.  It got a little intense when the two of them were going through the "trial" at the University but I have to say even that was a tad too dull.  I wanted him to stand up and fight for her.  After finishing the book I see now why he didn't but still there was just something missing in that entire exchange.  It seemed highly unlikely that she would have missed the cues he was giving her that he wasn't leaving her.   She was too smart to not pick up on that.  And the fact that nothing happened to Christa was a disappointment.  Also, the thing with Paulina seemed to fizzle out too quickly.  I thought for sure Paulina was going to wreak more havoc on their relationship but she just seemed to disappear.  I feel like Juliette forgave Gabriel too quickly, was hoping her and Paul would have developed more of a relationship and then have Gabriel come back and fight for her.  That would have made for a more interesting story.  The proposal and marriage of the two main characters was lackluster and boring. 

This series fizzled out a bit with this one.  I will probably read the third installment just to see how their story ends but probably won't read it for some time.  Need a break from the cheese factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment