Monday, November 4, 2013

Books

Books have always been my love for as long as I can remember. I remember participating in a March of Dimes Reading contest in elementary school and won just about every medal I could. 

During the summer times my sister and I would go to our dads and spent a good portion of our time at the library and reading.  He lived in Lake Berryessa, CA across from a lake which was pretty cool except for the fact that the next neighbor was miles away and there weren't any kids around to play with other than my sister.  So reading became a way of entertaining ourselves.  We would leave the library with literally STACKS of books. 

In fourth or fifth grade I got into the Babysitters Club books and read pretty much every single one.  Then I got into mysteries like The Dollhouse in the Attic and RL Stine books.  I loved them so much I started writing my own ghost/mysteries.  

In high school I got braver and read a few Stephen King books and Dean Koontz too.  In fact, I did my senior research paper on Stephen King, it was pretty fascinating. 

I'm currently in a book club where we read one book a month and then meet to discuss it.  I love my book club and I am so glad I found it.  I highly recommend book clubs for anyone who loves to read, you just have to find the right one.  If I finish my monthly book on time before the meeting I will usually start reading another book on my own personal "to read" shelf.  That way I'm not just reading books I'm "supposed" to read, I'm reading books I want to read too. 

I love using Goodreads to keep track of my books.  If you would like to follow my books on Goodreads you can find me here: https://www.goodreads.com/LesleyKS

On this blog I will post reviews of books I have read as well as on Goodreads.

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
Charles William Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment