Monday, November 11, 2013

May the Force Be With You

I have finished my second quilt!  With a lot of stuff going on in my life the past six months it took me a really really long time to finish but it is finally done and I am happy with it.  It is a Star Wars themed quilt for Cayden.  I used the "Yellow Brick Road" pattern from Atkinson designs.  I think I will title this "The Force".  So everywhere he goes "The Force" will be with him.  :)  

Here is the progression of the quilt:


Piecing blocks into rows.

 
The layout of each row.
 
 
My Borders.
 
 
I tried Machine quilting for the first time ever.  I made a few "mistakes" with the stippling, broke some of the rules but overall I am quite impressed with myself.  :)
 
 


The final product.  Stitch in the ditch throughout the top so as not to take away from the decorative fabric with Stippling free motion quilting on the borders.  I used my machine for the binding, not brave enough to try binding by hand yet.  The cool thing about using my machine is I can add a decorative stitch to the binding.

 
Side note: I need a real camera instead of using my phone all the time.  Sorry for the poor photo quality. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment