Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Wine

My family is from the heart of Wine Country, Napa Valley, CA.   I grew up with a general understanding and appreciation for wine but didn't like it until I was in my mid to late twenties.  It was an acquired taste and it has taken me awhile to find the type of wines I like. 

I started out with white wine and loved Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio.  Then I started to develop headaches anytime I had white wine so now I have to drink it in moderation.  I then moved on to Cabernet Sauvignon and found a few that I liked.  I still have a heard time with Merlot.  There are a few that I like but those are few.   When I worked at a restaurant bar in LA I tried a Pinot Noir, Cloudline, and fell in love with it.  It is to this day my favorite Pinot  Noir but extremely hard to find. 

During the Temecula wine tasting trip with my mom as mentioned in my first post, I joined a wine club.  South Coast Winery.  They have a beautiful resort there too.

http://wineresort.com/

It was the last winery on our tasting tour since it was where we were staying and I really liked their wine.  It's very smooth.  So I joined the wine club where every 3-4 months I will get a new shipment of wine.  My next delivery is available for pickup, need to find some time to go get it!

I am not the type of wine drinker who comments on the bouquets or the tastes or the lines that form on the glass after you stir it up, etc..  It either tastes good to me or it doesn't.  It's that simple for me.  :)

“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
W.C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment