Thursday, November 14, 2013

Goodreads Reading Challenge

At the beginning of each year, members of Goodreads can participate in a Reading Challenge for the year.  Last year I said I would read 12 books and I read 18.  This year I said I would read 20 books and I have only read 15.  That means I am 5 books behind.  Yikes!

I am a member of a book club where we read a book a month and then meet and talk about the book.  So each year I know I will at least read 12 books in a year.  Since I exceeded my goal last year I thought "what's two more books this year?"  Now I have to figure out what my five remaining books will be....

The December book for my book club is Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (author of Gone Girl).  So that leaves 4 more that are not Book club books.  I could get a jump start on book club books for next year and read my January book which is Main Street by Sinclair Lewis.  So that leaves 3 more books to read to meet my goal.  So what should I read?  They would need to be easy or quick reads since I have a month and a half to reach my goal.  How about the Twilight Series?  Or maybe a Janet Evanovich book my mom gave me years ago that I have yet to read.  So many choices and so little time.  AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!  I welcome any suggestions you might have.  :)

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1888370-lesley-smith

No comments:

Post a Comment