Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

This is a Young Adult book that is getting rave reviews and I can see why.   At first I was a little "eh" about the book as it read like a young adult novel, very young, but progressively got more "adult".   If you read the cover of the book you might think "kids with cancer? who wants to read that?! how depressing".  I'm not going to lie to you, you will cry, most likely.  It will be very touching and moving.   This is one of those books I would love to read again because I feel that I missed a lot of the deeper meaning that is in this book.   I was so caught up in the relationship that I think I missed out on the message that is being portrayed.  These kids are old souls and I loved each and every one of them.   And I definitely want to go to Amsterdam now!  

Favorite line from the book "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you."

A beautiful book that I will recommend to everyone.  5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment