Monday, November 4, 2013

Do one thing a day that makes you happy

In August of 2013, my mom and I went Wine Tasting in Temecula for her birthday.  In one of the gift shops she bought me a framed art piece of sorts that says "Do one thing a day that makes you happy".  I was going through a tough time at that point and loved the gesture and the simplicity of the saying in that frame.  So it has become my mantra and has helped me get through each and every day since August.

There are three things that bring me joy each and every day.  Books, Quilting and Wine.  And I truly do try to do each one at least once a day.  On a very good day I do all three.  So how did I find my love of all three of these?  Well...I will address each one in a separate blog.

Why am I writing a blog?  Well, it's more for me than anyone else.  It's one thing to love doing something and keeping it to myself and it's another thing to share my joy and love for something with others who may see it as inspiration to find their own daily happiness.  If you are like me at all you probably forget about your own happiness and focus a lot on everyone else around you.  There is nothing wrong with that, we just have to remember to treat ourselves too or we will eventually crumble.  We have to be responsible for our own happiness sometimes instead of relying on others to bring it to us. 

I hope you enjoy what you see and read here.  What is one thing you do everyday that makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment